- To enhance students’ professional development skills in industrial networking connecting more than one PLC with HMI, with multiple loops in a live process plant
- To broaden knowledge in understanding how processing plant architectures are put together
- To write up plant control philosophy and project engineering specification
- To open more doors for you in areas of instrumentation and control technical authority and supervisory roles
*The practical training sessions are available for confirmed Diploma & Advanced Diploma PMV students, please contact the office for further details.
Full qualification – UEE50211 Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation
Students will be entitled to the full qualification who:
- hold an unrestricted electrical license issued by a state or Territory and
- successfully prove competence in both theoretical and practical training, and
- complete all units of competency in the training package (refer http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE50211).
This qualification provides competencies to develop, select, install, commission, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions on electrical, instrumentation and control equipment and systems, including problem solving in industrial networking with HMI plant interface.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres (Perth), or at a client’s facility.
This post-trade professional development gap training encourages those who hold Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control and are interested in learning or up-skilling in writing engineering specifications and problem solving skills in industrial networking with PLC with HMI interface.
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) is required as this course is post-trade training.
Electrical engineers who meet the pre-requisites for industrial networking and engineering specification units will be issued Statement of Attainment for the units they have successfully completed.
You will undergo one-on-one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers in the following areas on the purpose-built hazardous areas and instrumentation skids/ facilities with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
- Configure, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions in industrial control system networks
- Draw processing plant architectures and write up plant control philosophy
- Write specification for projects – electrotechnology
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules.
Blended delivery of 40% theory and 60% practical training with equipment that you are likely to see in a typical industrial environment in hazardous areas with HART rated instrumentation with PLC control system.