In PLC Automation short course, participants will set-up and arrange controller and HMI hardware and then write, test and troubleshoot simple programs. Functional requirements include operator control, status indication, alarms, and equipment maintenance policy.
- UEENEEI150A: Develop, enter and verify discrete control programs for programmable controllers
- UEENEEI151A: Develop, enter and verify word and analogue control programs for programmable logic controllers
On successful completion of training and assessment, students who have already completed the UEENEEE101A – (Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace) will be issued a Statement of Attainment with the following units of competency, listed above:
PLC Automation Short Course is a post-trade professional development course. This is for candidates who would like to gain exposure in and enhance their PLC and process control skills. In the PLC 1 course we will be using
- Siemens S7-300 controllers and the software Step 7;
- Allan Bradley Micrologix 1000 controllers and RSlogix Micro-starter lite software
- $2,350 *
- $2,900 (Karratha/ Regional Delivery)
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres (Perth, Karratha, Adelaide and Brisbane), or at a client’s facility.
This training is suitable for electrician, electrical maintenance personnel and design engineers and those who need to familiarise themselves with programmable controller and automation technologies used in building, construction and industrial automation.
On successful completion of training and assessment, students who have already
completed the UEENEEE101A* – (Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations,
codes and practices in the workplace) will be issued with the units of competency,
listed above. *Extra cost may be incurred if not an electrician
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers. This will be in the following technologies on a purpose-built instrumentation skid/ facilities and control system with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
- Introduction to programmable controllers
- Controller hardware (PS, CPU, signal modules)
- Memory concepts, organisation and addressing
- Basic data types (Boolean, Integer, Real, String)
- Program digital and analog PLC.
- Ladder Diagram (LD) programming languages
- Structured programming with function blocks
- Program elements include comparator, move, timer, counter, jump, shift registers and increment/decrement functions
- Functional blocks Scaling and Un-scaling blocks
- Integration of HMI touchpanel devices
- Using simulation tools for testing programs
- Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware
Blended delivery of 30% theory and 70% practical training with what you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial environment with PLC control system.
- Intensive hands-on installation, fault finding and commissioning experience
- Quality time with PMV trainers to review the theory and discuss feedback on theory assessment
- Practical exercises as part of the competency-based training outcome.
Rebates in Western Australia (WA)
A Rebate is available from the Construction Training Funding, WA for workers in the Building and Construction Industry (BCI).
A rebate means, you may be eligible to claim part of your total course fees directly with CTF after completion of the course. Please use the enquiry form for more details.