- Legislative and Standards requirements and duties i.e. Duty of care responsibilities of all parties involved in the safety of Hazardous Areas under occupation health and safety act and regulations relating to Hazardous Areas.
- Safe systems of work for hazardous areas.
- Competency requirements for hazardous area classification, design, installation, inspections, testing and maintenance.
- Properties of flammable and combustible materials.
- Explosion – protection principles.
- Key compliance features of each technique i.e. what can impact at site on the integrity of an Ex certified equipment.
- Explosion-protected equipment certification.
- Requirements for a Verification Dossier and what to look for when visiting a classified Hazardous Area and reviewing the dossier.
Examples of relevant industries include aviation, food processing, fuel storage and dispensing, industrial process, instrumentation and control, marine, material handling and storage, mining, and petrochemical facilities.
This course is applicable to supervisory personnel in a business that has a hazardous area within the premises or the premise they are responsible for safety system compliance:
- Plant Manager
- Business owner that has a Hazardous Area within the premises
- Site Safety Manager/Senior OHS/HSE personnel
- Electrical Supervisor.
UEENEEM078A Manage compliance of hazardous areas
Trade or engineering qualifications with plant management or supervisory level experience.
This course is delivered as a standalone course over a 2 to 3 days period. If students have already completed the PMV 1 Day Hazardous Area Awareness course or 5 Days EEHA Selection, Installation, Maintenance and Inspection course, the delivery time may be reduced to 1 day.
$800 per participant
P: 08 9317 2146
Note: All participants are required to provide a copy of their trade licences or tertiary qualifications upon enrolment and prior to commencement. This course can be delivered on site with a minimum of eight participants