- To enhance the participants PLC, HMI and Process Instrumentation skills
- To log and sign off participant’s work experience in the instrumentation installation, calibration, testing, PLC programing and fault finding
- To give participant’s an edge to enter into the oil and gas or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART compliant field instrumentation.
A) Full qualification – UEE31211 Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control
The full qualification will be issued to the students who:
B) Statement of Attainment (SOA)
This Statement is issued to students who successfully complete one or more units of competency in the training package but do not meet the requirements for a full qualification. It is also issued to Electrical Engineers.
This qualification provides competencies to select, install, set up, test, fault find, repair and maintain systems and field instruments for measurement and recording of physical/chemical phenomenon and related process control.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres (Perth & Adelaide), or at a client’s facility.
All candidates interested in learning or up-skilling their PLC programming, HMI, and HART field Instrumentation skills in calibration, testing and fault finding are encouraged to undertake this post-trade professional development gap training course.
Holding UEE40411 Certificate IV in Electrical – Instrumentation is a PMV entry requirement
A current unrestricted electrical license (any Australian state or territory) is required as this is a post-trade training course.
Electrical workers and overseas instrumentation technicians and engineers who have extended hands-on experience in electrical, instrumentation and control field installations would:
- need to get their requisite experience signed off from the site supervisor(s),
- and may be eligible to receive full qualification on completion of the all units of competency specified in the training package http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE3121.
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers in the following areas on the purpose-built hazardous areas and instrumentation skids/ facilities with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
- Pressure (suppression/elevation of transmitter)
- Level Radar / Ultrasonic configuration
- Conductivity level configuration
- Flow – configuration and control including Magnetic flow meter operation
- Calibration of Temperature loops with RTD and Thermocouples
- Calibration of Control valves and operation and working with Variable Speed Drive (VSD)
- Program digital and analog Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC and HMI. Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware and HMI
- Configuration of smart devices via HART Modem and Hand-Held Configurator,
- Reading P&ID and 2 and 4 Wire loop drawings. Verify the drawings against as installed equipment
- Calibration of the field instruments; installing instruments; fault finding;
- Tuning of Proportional (P), Integral(I) and Derivative (D) loops
- Understanding and conducting Critical Function Testing (CFT)
- Understanding RLC circuits, calculating power factors and fault currents
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules.
Blended delivery of 40% theory and 60% practical training with equipment that you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial environment with HART rated instrumentation and final control elements with PLC control system.
1) We require completion of UEE40411 Certificate IV in Electrical Instrumentation. This will give you the exposure you require to apply for work in Instrumentation and then proceed onto UEE31211 Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control.
All participants must complete PMV’s Registration and Work Recognition (RWR) form. This form is to be signed off by a qualified instrumentation site supervisor(s) and must show participants have at least 1 years’ worth of hands-on experience in electrical, instrumentation and control field installations. Participants are responsible for gaining their own experience and may complete this experience before, in parallel to, or after Gap Training provided by PMV.
2) If you currently hold UEE40411 – Certificate IV in Electrical Instrumentation
3) If you currently hold MEM40105- Cert IV in Engineering Instrumentation OR :UEE40410 Cert IV in Electrical Instrumentation*
4) If you can show evidence of extensive hands on Instrumentation experience: i.e. more than 10 years*
* subject to extra training time and gap training fees.