- To enhance students’ PLC and electrical instrumentation skills
- To provide students’ exposure to process instrumentation and control used in the industry
- To give an edge to enter into the oil and gas or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART compliant field instrumentation.
*Alternative Karratha training dates can be made available, please contact the office to discuss.
Full Qualification – UEE40420 Cert IV Electrical Instrumentation
Students will be entitled to a full qualification provided they have:
– an unrestricted electrical license issued by a state or Territory and
– successfully prove competence in both theoretical and practical training, and
– complete all units of competency in the training package (refer https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE40420).
This qualification provides competencies in process and control to select, install, commission, fault find and maintain electrical and instrumentation equipment in buildings, premises, instrumentation systems and core instrumentation equipment. It includes ERAC requirements for an ‘Electrician’s licence’
- $6,075 (Karratha/ Regional Delivery)
Attention: Funding Available Click here.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres – Perth, Karratha & Adelaide; or at a client’s facility.
This post-trade professional development gap training is aimed at and encourages candidates who would like to gain exposure in or enhance their PLC and Process Instrumentation skills. If you are looking for a career growth, doing this course gives you the edge to enter into oil and gas industry or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART field instrumentation.
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) is required as this course is post-trade training.
Electrical engineers who meet the pre-requisites for PLC and Instrumentation units will be issued Statement of Attainment for the units they have successfully completed.
You will undergo one-on-one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers in the following areas on the purpose-built hazardous areas and instrumentation skids/ facilities with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
- Pressure (suppression/elevation of transmitter)
- Level Radar / Ultrasonic configuration
- Conductivity level configuration
- Flow – configuration and control including Magnetic flow meter operations
- Calibration of Temperature Transmitter with RTD and Thermocouple
- Program digital and analog PLC. Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware
- Configuration of smart devices via HART Modem and Hand-Held Configurator
- Reading P&ID and 2 and 4 Wire loop drawings. Verify the drawings against as installed equipment
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules. If you are searching for career growth and professional development, this industry oriented course will help you leverage our decades of expertise and resources to get trained in state-of-art technologies in PLC and Process Instrumentation skills,
Blended delivery of 50% theory and 50% practical training with equipment that you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial environment with HART rated instrumentation and final control elements with PLC control system.
Funding may be available for eligible participants (WA only).
Priority Industry Training is available from the Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD), through PIT Funding we are able to offer a heavily subsidised price on priority qualifications to prepare participants to take up jobs in skilled occupations that are in high demand across Western Australia.
- Cost: $841.52*
- Duration: 12 days of training**
Use the enquiry form to contact us for more details.
**Please note – All participants must have at least 3 weeks of relevant work experience to be verified by a qualified supervisor. Participants are responsible for gaining their own experience and may complete this experience before, in parallel to, or after the 12 days of training provided by PMV.
*Training cost will be charged in compliance with VET Fees and Charges Policy 2022.
*Youth / Concession rates are available.
*The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.
Funded through National RTO #51178
WorkReady South Australia Funding is available from the Government of South Australia in Adelaide and SA Region for eligible participants only
*You may also be eligible for lower fee training (JobTrainer)
Contact the office for further details and eligibility checklist
Funded through National RTO #51178