This course is aimed at experienced trade persons and engineers whose role involves the Detailed Inspection of hazardous area installations.
To raise levels of competence in aspects of the detailed inspection of electrical apparatus in hazardous environments to nationally recognized standard AS/NZS 4761 and AS/NZS 60079.14/17.
- PTW and safe isolation
- Equipment marking
- Special condition of installation
- Reading HAC drawings
- Grades of Inspection
- Periods of Inspection
- Inspection documentation
- Codes of practice
- Equipment certification
- Typical inspection sheet
- Conduct detailed inspection
- Site Detailed Inspection for Ex d, e, n and i installations
- Equipment checks (protection technique specific)
- Prioritize non-conformities
- Formal inspection report
- Preparation for detailed inspection for Ex d, e, i and/or DIP
- Carry out detailed inspection for Ex d, e, i and/or DIP
- Day 1: Teaching aids, apparatus, slides and written competency assessment.
- Day 2: Practical demonstration and practical assessment at a live industrial installation for explosion protected technique Ex d, e, i and/or DIP.
- UEENEEM044A Conduct detailed inspection of hazardous areas installations — gas atmospheres;
- UEENEEM046A Conduct detailed inspection of hazardous areas installations – pressurisation; and/or
- UEENEEM045A – Conduct detailed inspection of hazardous areas installations — dust atmospheres
Ex d; Ex e; Ex i and DIP
Statements of Attainment will be issued.
Unrestricted electrician’s license and EEHA competency in installation or maintenance or testing or instrumentation technician or electrical engineering qualification.
UEENEEM080A Report on the integrity of explosion-protected equipment in a hazardous area
Note: This course can be delivered at site with a minimum of eight delegates using site EEHA installations for conducting practical assessments. All delegates are required to bring a copy of their electrical trade licences to verify pre-requisites.